• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDP615 Dishwasher UI misbehaving and Orange light flashing continuously

raystein

Premium Member
Model Number
GDP615HSM0SS
Brand
GE
I'm trying to decide if I should change the UI board or main board on my 2018 GE GDP615HSM0SS Dishwasher. I read the Service Manual, but I'm still baffled and would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have. I have tried the obvious things like hold start, reset, unplug/wait10minutes/replug, but with no help. Note, the main board LED is flashing rapidly, but I see this is not interesting on this model.

2 Days ago: Door mounted LED would continuously blink orange and start LED green. On entering CEM mode all LEDS flash (note, door is closed and door switch continuity verified ok) followed by a "5" posting on the 7-segment-display for a few seconds. My guess is the 5 is related to my non-functioning detergent cup - I'm extrapolating this from the fault codes on page 45 of the service manual? I next entered Service Mode, and none of the tests did anything (however, the "normal" led flashed the correct number of times when cycling through the 6 different tests).

Today (Different behavior). Control UI LEDs (and 7-segment-display) act as if all is ok after a power cycle, but the control buttons either partially work or sometimes not work at all right now.

I'm leaning towards replacing the main board, but thinking about ordering a UI board also. Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Ray

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ray,

I didn't know you started a new thread, so I'll just copy and paste what I said in that other thread you posted in.:)

but the control buttons either partially work or sometimes not work at all right now.
That tells me its the UI Board.:)

Here's the UI Board for your model GDP615HSM0SS you can order:

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing It shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

raystein

Premium Member
Thanks so much :) . I'm assuming the UI board will come with Installation Instructions for setting the Personality Jumpers?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm assuming the UI board will come with Installation Instructions for setting the Personality Jumpers?
You bet it will.:)

Jake