• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDT545PGJ4BB Dishwasher - No Power or Lights

JCINGA

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT545PGJ4BB
Brand
GE
This dishwasher stopped working this past summer. I tested power to the main control board and had 120V. I replaced the main control board and the dishwasher operated for a couple of months and is now inoperable with no lights on the UI. I keep verifying that I have 120V to the control board, but there is no power to anything that I can see. I have only seen one short flash from the Service LED. Is it possible that this replacement board has already failed? Are there other test procedures that I can perform on this? I have a copy of the Technical Service Guide for this washer, and it indicates that the main control board has failed due to no flash from the Service LED. Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the STATUS LED on the machine control board blinking 1x per 3 seconds? or 1x per second?

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

JCINGA

Premium Member
The status LED does not illuminate at all. There are no flashes from the status LED on the main control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that indicates the problem is the machine control board. If you recently replaced it, check the warranty on it at where you got it from.

We recommend getting OEM parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic, all parts from them ALWAYS has a 365 day warranty.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24900

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

JCINGA

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply and info. I was afraid that the board might be bad on this again. I’ll check with who I bought it from regarding any warranty. Thank you again and I’ll let you know how things work out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted, we love updates here!

Jake

JCINGA

Premium Member
I ordered a new board today from Appliance Parts Pros and it’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow. With any luck I’ll have an operational dishwasher by tomorrow evening! I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

JCINGA

Premium Member
Well, I’m back.. I replaced the main control board and the dishwasher worked. After a single cycle, it stopped working again. I moved/wiggled the connector at the bottom of the circuit board and power came back on. I had a bad connection to the board. I had 120V at the terminal, but it wasn’t making a good connection. I purchased a jump harness WD21X23559 from appliance parts pros and installed that. Now I have a solid connection and the led on the main circuit board is solid green with no lights on the control panel. What can I do to test/check this? Is there some reset I can perform?

Seems like I’ve lost communication between the main board and UI. Can this be reset? I have checked power on the yellow/blue terminal and black/ green terminal on the bottom of the board and have 14.13DCV. How can I proceed I’m here? I’m guessing I’m dealing with a harness/connector issue or a control panel issue.

I’m going to figure this thing out, but the little lady isn’t too happy right now! I downloaded the technical service guide but can’t figure out what to do next. Any help/direction is appreciated!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try turning the breaker off to your dishwasher for 5 minutes, then turn it on again.

If still nothing and the STATUS LED on the machine control board is still STEADY ON, then yes check the door wire harness first to make sure you have a good tight connection.

If everything checks out, then the problem is your UI Board.

Here's the user interface(UI) Board for your model:
WD21X23461 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Remember--->You have to set the personality jumpers on the new UI Board before you install it or it will not work, the instructions that came with the new UI Board show you how to do it.:)

Jake

JCINGA

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! Is there a way to check/set the personality on the existing UI board? Also, what else should I check regarding power to the IU? I know that green/black to yellow/blue should be 13.5DCV at the UI connector, but should I be able to check other voltages at the connector, or is the 13.5DCV all I need to check for? As always, your guidance and assistance is greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The original board that came with the dishwasher does not have personality jumpers, only the new replacement UI Board has personality jumpers, the instruction sheet that comes with the new replacement UI Board shows you how to set them per your model number.

Also, what else should I check regarding power to the IU? I know that green/black to yellow/blue should be 13.5DCV at the UI connector, but should I be able to check other voltages at the connector, or is the 13.5DCV all I need to check for?
Nope, that's the only voltage check you do.

Jake