FIXED GE GDT550HSD0SS Will not fill

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
6x every 3 seconds=Control is in DEMO MODE, Press HEATED DRY and START for 5 seconds to exit.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Flashing 1x per 3 seconds? or Flashing 1x per second?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, it says 1x per 3 seconds: Unit is not running a cycle, select a cycle and press start.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If that still doesn't make it start running, then something very odd is going on. Where did you buy this dishwasher at? Seems there has been too many problems you've had on this dishwasher since you owned it.

In your first post you said the self-test ran good except for 2. If you run the self-test again, what happens now?

Where did you buy the control board from?

Jake

BrokenWash

Premium Member
I shut the door and press start to run a cycle and I still get a single low tone beep. It does nothing.

I ran the self tests and the self tests worked. Meaning, water in the tub, drainage, that sort of thing. I didnt run the heater test. The only issue we were having was no water going to the tub.

The dishwasher was bought new a few years back. It was from Frys Electronics.

The board was bought from a seller on Ebay it was listed as new and came in factory packaging. I still have the old board, think the board is bad?

Thanks for the continued help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The board was bought from a seller on Ebay it was listed as new and came in factory packaging. I still have the old board, think the board is bad?
Bingo!

Turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher, then Put the old board back in place, way too many parts from ebay come faulty.:)

Jake

BrokenWash

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks so much for all your help and efforts. I'm happy to report the unit is now working and working well. I'm on a fixed income so having someone take a look at it was out of the question. The wife is super happy to have this unit washing again. I'll be sending you a few dollars as a thank you. Wish it was more.

Thanks so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear you are back in business, Send that faulty control board back to ebay for a refund.:)

Thanks for the update and tip!

Jake