• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDT605PSM0SS UI Board Issue - Replaced UI, MC, & Harness Already

greygizmo

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT605PSM0SS
Brand
GE
After 3+ months of troubleshooting and waiting for parts to be in-stock, I'm desperate for help!

Symptoms:
Unresponsive UI. No lights or button pressed registered
Intermittent power loss previously, solved by unplugging machine

What I've done:
Replaced UI board with WD21X25728
Replaced main control board with WD21X25732
Replaced wire harness between the two boards with WD21X10545

As of now, there is no change in behavior. The green status LED on the main control board is rapidly blinking. I've seen conflicting information about what this means, so I'm hoping the appliance god (Jake) can help me. I'm at my wits end!

My UI boards (both new and old) DO NOT HAVE JUMPERS.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So on the square machine control board the flashing light means that machine control board is working and the problem would be the UI Board.

Here's the square machine control board: WD21X25732

If you do get 13.5 to 14 Volts DC from the square machine control board to the UI Board, then that would indicate your UI Board is the culprit.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Here's the UI(User Interface) Board for your model:

Jake

greygizmo

Premium Member
Thanks for confirming I have the correct replacement boards!

Back in January I checked the voltage and concluded that it was working correctly, but I don't recall the exact number. I will go back and double check that voltage tonight.

My only worry is: I have already tried every combination of new UI board, new machine control board, and new harness. All result in the same symptoms above. If these are the correct boards then I'm having a hard time coming up with another explanation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with you, that puzzles me as well. Check for a loose connection in the electrical connector pins, one or two maybe not making good contact where it plugs into either of the two boards.

Jake

greygizmo

Premium Member
I ultimately replaced the dishwasher. I think the most sensible conclusion is that some of these new units cannot be serviced by homeowners.