• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDT635HSJ2SS Not Starting

PCG

Model Number
GDT635HSJ2SS
Brand
GE
My issues started a few weeks ago when we started doing a lot more dishes at home. My dishwasher would not start or would start but not finish a cycle. So I proceeded to power off the machine at the circuit as suggested.

Now this week no matter how many times I flip the circuit breaker and reset the dishwasher it won’t start. It started beeping twice every 60 seconds. That lead me to this forum. I found similar issues with the same model I listed: GDT635HSJ2SS. So I came to check to the control board and I had no control board LED with power running to the machine. So I ordered a new control board with the part listed on this forum: WD21X24900.

As soon as I got the part I went to install. Before I did though I flipped the circuit breaker back on just to make sure I had no LED light on the existing board. This time there was an LED blinking 2x... I hit start. It drained. I started a new cycle. It finished. What do I do now? Anyone have similar issues or think I should just keep the new control board for a bit?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, keep the new control board. Because if it did that once, it will certainly do it again.

Next time the control board STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, take a voltage reading at the main control board where it says 120 VAC SUPPLY on the photo of the control board below. If your meter says 120 volts and the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF that means the main control board is bad for sure.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake