• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE GDT665SSN2SS stops after initial discharge cycle

chuckd833

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT665SSN2SS
Brand
GE
After I select any cycle, press start and close the door, the dishwasher runs the initial discharge cycle for 2 minutes. Then it does not proceed to the water fill cycle.

The timer resets to the original time and everything stops.

I ran the service mode test and everything passed including the water fill test (#2). I have 8 tests on my dishwasher, not 7 which the service instructions say on this - 31-4000206_v10.pdf

It was working and I opened it mid cycle and then, after I pressed start again and closed the door, the dishwasher didn't finish out its wash cycle. I walked away and am not sure if it started back up again and then stopped or if it never restarted after I interrupted it.

Any ideas?

chuckd833

Premium Member
FIXED!

It was the pressure sensor that needed cleaning. It wasn't broken just needed cleaning.

Thank god for this site and to the other people posting their fixes.

It wasn't until after I posted, the other threads came up about the pressure sensor.

I didn't follow the youtube video posted in the other threads on here that required removing the inlet hose and drain tube and taking the dishwasher out.

Here's what I did:

1. Turned the power off to the dishwasher at the electrical panel/breaker.
2. Took off bottom panel.
3. located the pressure switch (based on the pics)
4. unscrewed it (you have to lift over the safety latch and twist quarter of a turn counter clockwise)
5. once released you can remove the wiring.
6. remove the black part which is the pressure switch from the white housing.
7. Cleaned the white housing.
8. Cleaned out the hole in the pressure switch (mine was full of gunk) with a brush. Careful of the inside element. You don't want to break that since that's what forms the seal and tests the pressure.
9. Put my mouth over the small hole and blew in and out. You will hear/feel the sensor moving in and out. You want to make sure it moves freely.
10. Reattached everything.
11. Turned the breaker back on.
12. Started it up and all is well in the world....well at least my kitchen.

EDIT: not sure how to mark problem FIXED.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.