FIXED GE GDT695SGJ0BB Dishwasher won’t start

James Setaro

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SGJ0BB
Brand
GE
I have a GDT695SGJ0BB that won’t start.
I get 3 beeps and a blinking start button when I try to start.
I checked the door switch and it is working fine.

When I do Select cycle plus start the lights are always blinking no matter if the door is open or closed.

Is there an easy way to check the control board or something else I should try?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the tech data sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynaoqi9oboud0lo/31-30792 GE GDT655SGJ0BB Mini Manual.pdf?dl=0

--->The first 10 seconds is a door status check.
If the door is closed all the LED's will be solid.<---Did you close the door to make sure the LED'S were solid?
If the door is open all the LED's will flash.

Try this: Press the Select Cycle and Start buttons at the same time for Five (5) seconds. If the control responds with LED’s or Display coming on, The CSM is tripped.

Check your main control board Service LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the main control board Service LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24799 Machine Control

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the main control board, and Service LED on it: Main control board access video

Jake

James Setaro

Premium Member
My dishwasher doesn’t look like the same way the link referenced. Is this really the video for the model I referenced?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, have you tried accessing it per the video?

Its #750 here:
(click to enlarge)
GDT695SGJ0BB.jpg

Jake

James Setaro

Premium Member
I loosened the control board but don’t see any LEDS on it.

When I do the select plus start for 5 seconds, I see the main display and door lights blink 9 times

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok James,

LED Steady OFF=Unit is not powered. Check that power is available at unit Power supply failed. Check control voltages and replace machine control board.

So with a multimeter check for 120 volts at connector location J701 on the control board Pins 1 and 2 is the main 120 volts power coming into the control board, so if you get 120 volts at J701 between Pins 1 and 2, then your control board is the culprit and you'd to order and replace it.

Jake

James Setaro

Premium Member
Last question, I’ve hear elsewhere that I should replace the heating element at the same time to avoid the new circuit going out again. Thoughts?

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
In post #2 I posted your tech. data sheet, it shows you where J701 is on the main control board.:)

I circled it for you in RED here:
J701.png

Also testing it underneath the dishwasher is tough is there a way to check it once you remove?
Unfortunately not, do you have a friend or relative that can assist you, that would help you out doing that? Just make sure you have plenty of light down there so you can see well.

I’ve heard elsewhere that I should replace the heating element at the same time to avoid the new circuit going out again.
No, I have not heard that, I see that no where in your tech. data sheet either.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent James glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake