• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDT695SSJ2SS Dishwasher, No water

pbpb2006

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE GDT695SSJ2SS dishwasher. When I start the dishwasher, it sounds like it is working but at the end of the cycle, when I open it up, the dishes are very hot but there seems to be no water. I still see my dishwasher detergent not used up. What areas should I try to diagnose the reason no water is going into the dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When the dishwasher does not fill when its suppose to fill, Stay with the machine listen for water coming into the machine.

If you hear no water entering, you will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 DC Volts at the water inlet valve electrical connectors.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WD15X24213 Water Inlet Valve

If you DO NOT get 13.5 DC Volts when it should be filling, then ohm test the float switch(while the button on it is pushed in) for continuity.

Here's the float switch for your model:
Float Switch WD21X23498

Its in-stock here if you need it:

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing Page 51 tells you how to access the float switch. Make sure you disconnect power to your dishwasher before ohm testing it.

Jake

pbpb2006

Premium Member
Hi, newbie, I redid my test. When I start the dishwasher I can hear it fill. I opened the dishwasher and see an inch or two of water at the bottom. I close it and click the Start button to continue. I can hear a small hmmm sound but no water is spraying. If I hold the Start button down for a couple of seconds (to cancel), it empties the water out.

Would that mean it is more likely the float switch? Thanks.

pbpb2006

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I was planning to go ahead and buy the float switch, but I noticed you have two different links for the float switch. Which one should I use to buy?
Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait, then if its filling with water, then you have a wash circulation motor problem.

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing

--->Do this--->No Circulation Flow Chart on Page 55.

Here's the circulation pump(wash motor) for your model:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake