GE GFDN110EL0WW No Power

RoyGCiv

Premium Member
Model Number
GFDN110EL
Brand
GE
Hi guys, my dryer is not getting power to the user interface. Press the power button and the display does not come on. Breakers are good, outlet tests good, switches have continuity. It seems like the problem is either the power board or the user interface. Does anyone have any good suggestions for testing if the power board is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, you will need a multimeter to check voltages.

Pull your dryer out from the wall, then remove the terminal block cover where your power cord connects to the dryer. Then put your multimeter on Volts AC and measure between the TWO OUTER TERMINALS and see if your meter reads 240 volts.

If so, Locate CN100 on the control board by the motor relay and measure the voltage between the white wire and the black wire. Is it 120 Volts AC?

Here's the wiring diagram:
(click to enlarge)
IMG_1555.jpg

Here's the control(power) board for your model if needed:
WE4M488 Main Pwr Board Asm

Jake

RoyGCiv

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks. Terminal block shows 240v. Removed connector on cn100, white and black terminals show 14v.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Roy, then the power control board is the problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Roy, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

RoyGCiv

Premium Member
Hey Jake, power board came today, but no luck. I installed the new board cn 100 voltage reading still shows well below 120v. Any other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That should of fixed it, I will ask Rick.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi Roy, It's kind of hard to read the schematic so bear with me. On the UI board, measure the voltage across CN111-1 (blk) to CN111-2 (white) then measure the voltage across CN111-2 to CN111-3 (org). If you get 120 VAC for both measurements unplug the machine then disconnect and reconnect the UI keytail connector and make sure it's connected properly and secure.

If it still doesn't work you'll need to replace the UI board: WE4M487 User Interface Board

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick!

Jake

RoyGCiv

Premium Member
Hi Jake and Rick, on the power board I get 0v testing at cn111. If I test the wire harness that connects to cn111 I get 140v between blk and white and 94v between white and org. Again, I am only showing voltage on the wire side of the connector and not on the power board itself. Does this sound correct guys? thanks for all the help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Roy, Unplug the machine and measure the voltage at the outlet. Check for 120 VAC between L1-N and 120 VAC between L2-N. Then plug in the machine and measure the voltage where the power cord connects to the machine. Check for 120 VAC =L1-N and L2-N. Then measure the voltage across CN111 black wire to white wire. Here's a trick I use to go in through the back of the connector:
safety pin trick.jpg