FIXED GE GFE29HMECES Fridge not Cooling, but freezer works fine

therabbittree

Model Number
GFE29HMECES
Brand
GE
Please help!
Our 2013 GE Slate Fridge is not cooling the fridge is set for 34 degrees and running at 62-65 degrees the freezer is working fine. I have cleaned the evaporator fan shroud tube and vacuumed any dust bunnies out from behind / underneath the fridge. The Model # is GFE29HMECES Serial #sticker on back says is: FG0133610576:AA121310G060 Serial GA513077 build date 04/19/13 . Any ideas?
Thank you,
Deo

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Deo,

Do you hear the evaporator fan motor running inside the refrigerator section when you open the door?

GE has had some issues with that fan motor going bad, thus causing this problem.

Here it is for your model:
WR60X26866 Fan Dc Ff Evap

Let us know what you find.

Jake

therabbittree

no, I don't hear any fans. When I took off the back of fridge and vacuumed the other fan area that fan was spinning. I watched the video and ordered your fan. I hope to install when it arrives. I will update post then.
Thanks,
Deo

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good, yes keep us posted when you get that evaporator fan motor replaced in the refrigerator section.

Jake

therabbittree

I just received the evap fan , but the package doesnt include the download for the fan update? The video showed a memory stick down load to the fridge???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On your model is doesn't take the update.

If the refrigerator was made between (May 2014 - Mar 2015) with the serial range HD - FF the software must be updated.

Yours is not in that range.

Jake

therabbittree

Ok , swapped the evap fan last night. Approx 10pm And today 5pmthe temp is down to 39 in fridge its set at 34. I had ordered the sum module software update WR98R882802. I just received it , but probably return it now.
Thanks,
Deo

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Deo, sounds like your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake