• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE GFW550 front load washer - H20 supply error

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthereg527

Premium Member
Model Number
GFW550
Brand
GE
Hi all - just got a brand new GE washer and dryer. Dryer works great, I’ve had nothing but problems with my GE GFW550 washer. I keep getting an H2O supply error message but the water is totally fine. Had a plumber to confirm and he said no problems whatsoever with the water flow from the faucets to the washing machine. Any ideas? If anyone has the tech sheet I’d love to be able to attempt to reset/put into service mode. Does anyone know how to do that or any other suggestions? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its under the 1 yr. warranty still, so don't try to fix it yourself, or GE can void your warranty.

Contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to come out and fix it for free.

Jake

onthereg527

Premium Member
I did that and they are coming later this week. I was more so just wondering if anyone knew what the problem could actually be?

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Check your house water supply. Did you forget to turn on one or both supply valves after installation or coming back from vacation? As soon as the message starts to scroll, the washer will initiate a 4 minute lock-out period. The washer controls won’t respond/change during this time. After the 4 minutes, you can begin your cycle again. If you try to bypass the lock-out period by unplugging the washer, the 4 minute timer will start over again. If this don’t work wait for service.

onthereg527

Premium Member
Thanks for the response - I have checked the water supply, even had a plumber out to confirm there is nothing wrong with the water.

JEB2001

What diagnosis did you eventually get? We are having the same problem with our 5-day-old washer and the wait for service is over three weeks.

carrie7

I'm having same issue. Just got my GE top loader brand new yesterday. Cycle won't move past filling with water. Says H20 Supply. But it is filling with water just fine.
Scheduled a service. Comes in 3 days.
Any one able to get it working on their own?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hopefully @onthereg527 could come back to update us what the fix was, so others will know the fix too.

Jake

Wolfgang5884

We had this same issue with the GFW850SPN0RS. The inlet filters were clean and there was ample water pressure from the hoses into the machine, but the H20 Supply error would appear.

It ended up being the water valve, part number WH23X29553

The hard water caused damage to the solenoid(s) and it needed to be replaced. Interestingly, we noticed the fabric softener not properly emptying during each load from the dispenser before the H20 Supply error. This may be an indicator of the inlet valve(s) beginning to fail.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Wolfgang5884 for letting everyone know.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.