• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GSH22JFXLBB Water Dispenser Sticking On Intermittently and Noisy Ice Maker Fill

donovanc31

Premium Member
Model Number
GSH22JFXLBB
Brand
GE
My GE side by side refrigerator has recently started having issues with the water dispenser. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it stops working half way through filling a glass. Removing the glass and activating the lever again makes it dispense again. It has also stuck on a few times, dispensing water onto the floor for a couple seconds after pulling the glass away.

My ice maker also makes a loud noise when it fills sometimes. It sounds like a rattlesnake shaking its tail only much louder. This too is intermittent and has done it periodically since the refrigerator was new but has become more frequent recently. Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm leaning towards the water inlet valve based on other posts but I can't test by unplugging the unit since it only sticks on for a few seconds at most and sometimes goes days without doing it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, its possibly the water inlet valve that's the culprit:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

donovanc31

Premium Member
I have not had time to replace the water valve but this week I have a new symptom. The ice dispenser has started working intermittently as well. It seems to stop working less often than the water but it will sometimes start and then stop while the dispenser lever is depressed. So now I am questioning whether it is the water valve or maybe a switch or control board or maybe all of the above? Any help in how to diagnose the faulty part would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lets check the dispenser switch, it may be the culprit.

Ohm test the dispenser switch. Watch this video: Two Terminal Switch Testing

Here's the dispenser switch for your model:
WR23X10783 Dispenser Switch

There is a HOW TO video in the part link that shows you how to access it.

Make sure you unplug or turn the breaker off to your refrigerator first.

Let us know what you find.

Jake