• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GSH25SGRBSS Fridge Water Line Broke Below Freezer Door

Robb235

Premium Member
Model Number
GSH25SGRBSS
Brand
GE
My house didn’t have a water supply line to the fridge, so today I decided to change that. I hooked water up to the fridge, and so far so good. Went to use the water dispenser for the first time and that’s when problems began.

Used the water dispenser and heard a POP. Looked down to see water coming out below freezer door every time I used water dispenser. Upon closer investigation, I found I could simply pull that line out of the door, and it appears broken.

Been trying to find some diagrams of the water routing, but can’t seem to find it. Not sure exactly how to get to this water line to replace it.

47D019BB-B2B9-47D1-8682-74E8EE06D9AE.jpeg
ED47623A-BCC8-4F2B-A6D6-BF32CAEAC881.jpeg
EF12E79D-278F-4AAF-8469-BBC3A832E169.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately the water line is foamed into the door and you can't buy it separately, you need to buy the whole freezer door to get:

I don't know why GE did that, if this refrigerator was a Whirlpool you could buy the water line in the door separately.

Jake

Robb235

Premium Member
Wait, I have to buy a whole new door??

Is it not possible to take the door part to get at this line? I was hoping I could just replace it with some PEX or something.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, you can't take the door apart, its foamed in place.

Yes, you will buy a whole new freezer door, or live without the water dispenser.

Jake