• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE GTW330ASK1WW Unit will not start the spin cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whodattfan0829

Premium Member
Model Number
GTW330ASK1WW
Brand
GE
Heya. I have a GE GTW330ASK1WW Top Load Washer. About 3 months ago the drain pump stopped working and I replaced it. Unit worked great afterwards. Now a new issue has started. When starting the unit, sometimes it will spray water twice and not proceed.

Other times it will go through a complete wash cycle but stop when it gets to the spin cycle. I went into the diagnostic mode and found no fault codes. I then tested each setting and found everything worked except for the recirculation pump. I changed the mode shifter, but the issue continued.

I went back into the diagnostic mode and cleared all errors and the unit started going through a complete cycle. 1 day later and the problem has returned. Any help in figuring this issue out would be greatly appreciated.

Whodattfan0829

Premium Member
Update - Ran through all test and found nothing would happen during the recirculate pump test, spin test, and agitate test. Would it be safe to say the drive motor should be replaced?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The drain pump is powered by the main control board, so you'd need to take a voltage test at the electrical connector that connects to the drain pump to see if you are getting proper voltage at the drain pump when it should be draining.

The proper voltage is 120 volts at the drain pump to make it run.

Here's the main control board for your model:

If your getting 120 volts at the drain pump and its not running, then its bad.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
WH23X28418 Drain Pump

Jake

Whodattfan0829

Premium Member
Well... Checked the drain pump and it check out good. Did the same with the motor and mode switch. Both are good also. Tried to start the washer and it will spurt water twice and then nothing else. After what would be the normal fill time, I can hear the mode switch adjusting. Is there a way to check the pressure switch on this model?

Whodattfan0829

Premium Member
Thank you for sending the service manual. I was able to test all contacts and found no issues. As a last resort I disconnected the pressure line at the control panel and blew air through it and restarted the unit. Several cycles later no issues. Thank you for saving me the unwanted cost of a new control board or new drive motor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear your back in business.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.