• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Hotpoint Range RB757BC1WH electric burner down !

AppTedII

Premium Member
Model Number
RB757BC1WH
Brand
GE
MY GE/Hotpont electric range top element has died ! Only one has. And the element is GOOD , because I simply plugged it into the other large position and it lit up ! Just as the broken one died I could see a few sparks at the terminal block ! Then it wouldn't power up ! Tried plugging and replugging , still won't work ! Is it simply just the terminal block ? THANKS !

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
AppTedII said:
Is it simply just the terminal block ?

It could be. Someone will have to look at it and/or confirm power getting there when turned on.

You should also inspect the tips of the element that plug into that block. If they're burned or discolored, it would be a pretty positive sign of a terminal block problem. See the following link:

LINK > The surface element on my electric range isn't working properly. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Also, if the element tips are burnt or discolored, plugging it into a different position could damage the element block at the other positions well. If the element tips are not pristine, both element and element receptacle should be replaced together. Using a bad element in a good block will damage the new block again.

LINK > RB757BC1WH Surface Element Block

LINK > RB757BC1WH SM Surface Element

LINK > RB757BC1WH LG Element

Dan O.