• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE JGB605EED1ES BAKE Glowbar/Igniter not working, even after replacement.

burningjoe

Model Number
JGB605EED1ES
Brand
GE
My wife ran the cleaning cycle last Tuesday. sometime during the cycle, the circuit breaker at the box tripped. She switched it back into place and the range clock came back on but Oven would no longer heat, sitting at 100. We

So when I got home, I verified that the glowbar was not glowing or igniting the BAKE portion. The convection setting is also not working, but I am pretty sure that uses that same system for heating as well. I did try the BROIL and that did glow and ignite.

I ordered a replacement Glowbar/igniter from GE parts and it arrived today. I replaced it but I am still having the same issue. I know I need to test voltages to verify it is getting voltage (I need to run to hardware store to buy a new meter, mine is dead), but I am not sure how to proceed from that point. I cannot tell if my oven has a separate gas value and controller for the BAKE and BROIL glowbars? And if only has the single value/control, and the Broil function is working...then what is the issue with the BAKE?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Unplug your range first, then on your bake igniter glow bar follow the wiring to where it goes, should just be a short run, then you should see the plastic connector of the igniter where it snaps into, just unsnap it and put both meter probes in each hole of where it snaps into, then plug your range in and have someone turn the bake cycle ON, your meter should then read 120 volts.

If it doesn't that means your igniter is fine, it's just not getting the 120 volts to make it glow. So then you'd need to order the clock oven control board below.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model:
ge-t011-oven-control-wb27k10319-ap4511828_01_m.jpg

Jake