• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE JGS760SEL2SS F350 error code

rorrer

Premium Member
Model Number
JGS760SEL2SS
Brand
GE
Hi All -

Looking for advice on a GE 30" Slide-In Front-Control Convection Gas Range, model number JGS760SEL2SS. Problem is with the oven only, the stovetop and digital controls/display all appear to be functioning properly.

When attempting to preheat on "bake", the oven gets to 200º and then turns off, generating an F350 error code. I've verified visually that the fan is not turning on, and checked that the fan turns freely (which it does), so there's nothing physically blocking the fan from turning.

From what I can tell in a quick google search and search of previous threads on this forum, this indicates a cooling fan failure. Is this correct, and are there any test procedures I should run before purchasing and installing a new fan? Seems pretty cut and dried, but just wanted to check in with the professionals out there for a second opinion. :)

Thanks and regards,

Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Chris,

Here's our main thread on this F350 error code problem:

BB(bigbuck) posted the service bulletin on this problem in post # 4.

Keep us posted.

Jake

rorrer

Premium Member
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Jake. After reading that thread and looking over the service bulletins, I put the ERC into test mode to try to power on the fan. It still wasn't turning and I noticed a light hum. Then started removing pieces per the technical bulletin to access the fan assembly.

First thing I noticed once I removed the upper rear splash guard was insulation and foil directly up against the red hub. I gently tucked everything back out of the way, vacuumed out the fan assembly, and the fan is now working as it should.

So the problem appears to be fixed, and I'm relieved it was something so minor ... I was pretty sure I was going to have to shell out for a new fan assembly. Sometimes you get lucky. :)

I will say, I was surprised at how little interference it took to stop that fan from turning. It felt smooth as could be when I spun it - no friction or roughness that I could detect whatsoever. Thanks again for the help!

Chris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chris, good job. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake