• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE JS645DL3WW Slide-in Range Error Code F350

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
Model Number
JS645DL3WW
Brand
GE
New member. Found while Googling.

Purchased a GE Slide-in Electric Range JS645DL3WW, from Home Depot, just before the holidays in 2019 and started using a year later (Fall 2020). From initial use, the error code F350 has been showing up within 2 minutes of switching on the stove (whether cooktop or oven). Had a technician over and he seemed to have solved the problem, by correcting an issue with the grounding. The range worked without issue from then until last month, when the F350 error code reoccurred. The same technician has since checked it out and the fan is working fine. He is now stumped and so are we. Would appreciate any suggestions on what the problem may be. Thank you!

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
Thanks rickgburton. Appreciate your reply. We checked for a blockage of the fan, but there isn't any. No other error codes of stored error codes. Only the F350 (614F350Clr).

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, it has to be either the fan motor isn't reaching 200 rpms or slows down below 200 rpms for longer than 30 seconds or the control is not reading the rpm's correctly.

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
Ah, okay. After your last message, my technician recommended that we change the sensor first, since it is cheaper and he was unsure of how to test it. However, he also mentioned that if a new sensor doesn't solve the problem, we would need to change the control. Thank you.

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
Yes. It's JS645DL3WW. Also attached a photo of the label in case it's helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_181917.jpg
    IMG_20210716_181917.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 51

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
Appreciate your continued assistance. Based on all that you’ve said, we’ll go ahead and purchase the sensor. However, I do have 2 questions (sorry if I should already know the answers):

(1) If it is the sensor that's the issue, would the error code have disappeared for the period that it did?

(2) My mom reminded me that after the technician corrected the grounding issue, the error code only reoccurred only after a power outage in the neighborhood. Do you think that such a fact has a bearing? And if so, could a future outage destroy the new sensor?

Thank you, again.

rickgburton

Staff member
I'm trying to locate the tech sheet for that model. Too many things don't add up. I don't see how a ground issue would generate a cooling fan speed error. A power outage wouldn't cause that error either. A power outage usually becomes a problem when it comes back on. There's sometimes a voltage spike when the power comes on. While I have seen it take out control boards, I've never seen it go past that point and take out component parts. There should be a way to test the sensor so I'll keep looking for the tech sheet.

thescreenwriter

Premium Member
That's what I thought as well (about the grounding), but I didn't want to be rude to the technician (who's supposed to know more than I do). He didn't mention the outages being the issue, it was just something considered, given the sequence of events. Thank you for clarifying.

The tech sheet would be a great help. Thank you.

thescreenwriter

Premium Member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That compatibility box is not always up to date at AppliancePartsPros.

But I checked it at RepairClinic and it is compatible:

Screenshot 2021-08-11 12.29.58.png