• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Model GDF520PGJ2WW dishwasher will not start after reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jds43232

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF520PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
Hi everyone. So I have this GE dishwasher that a lot of people seem to have problems with.
After looking online I saw that you are supposed to press the start and select cycle button for five seconds to see what happens. I’m getting 10 flashes and then the lock controls come on. I’m not exactly sure what to do after that to fix the problem, but I have shut the breaker off more than once and nothing fixes it. After doing the start and select cycle button then I push the start button, it just beeps at me and will not do anything.
I at first thought I needed to buy a new control board, but obviously if I’m able to do all the things I just mentioned then I don’t think I need a control board. I replaced the door latch with a new one thinking that was the problem (as I saw online that seems to be the biggest problem) but that didn’t fix it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jds43232

Premium Member
After reading more and more online I saw where there’s supposed to be an LED indicator on the board? Is that correct? I see no light on my board while hooked up, but I don’t know if it’s actually supposed to have one.
I also failed to mention in my thread that I can get the display to do different things. When I hold down the start and select cycle buttons it will go into that mode. But then nothing else happens. When I try pressing the start button it gives me a dull beep.
I ordered a new board yesterday so I’m hoping that will fix the issue. As stated before the first thing I replaced was the door latch. Now I will be replacing the board so it’s got to work, right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Yes, Check the machine control board STATUS LED (its located underneath the front on the dishwasher). Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

If its STEADY OFF, that indicates the machine control board is the problem.

Here's the machine control board(under the dishwasher) for your model: WD21X24900C

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

jds43232

Premium Member
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I attached a picture of my board (it’s not a great picture as it was difficult to take). But yea there’s no LED light coming on at all.
It’s odd to me that I’m able to do the “start” and “select cycle” for 5 seconds and get it into status mode, but if that means it’s bad then it’s bad.

I ordered a new board yesterday so it should arrive first of next week.

Attachments

• 268860A0-6967-4F3D-B5A6-6049C1254FDE.jpeg
    268860A0-6967-4F3D-B5A6-6049C1254FDE.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 34

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then if you don't see it ON or FLASHING, then the machine control board is the problem, if you are getting 120 volts to the machine control board.

Its a little more detailed in this photo of where its located, its labeled Service LED(aka STATUS LED):
ServiceLED.png

I ordered a new board yesterday so it should arrive first of next week.
Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

jds43232

Premium Member
Jake, my control board arrived and I got it installed. It works perfectly!! So I’m good to go. It’s funny I didn’t even know about there being an LED light on it because mine wasn’t working. So the information you provided was exactly what I needed. Once the new one came in and I attached it, the LED light flashed showing me the dishwasher was in “maintenance mode” or whatever you call it. I took it out of that mode and she started right up. Thanks again for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new machine control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.