GE Model GDT535PSJ2SS; It wont run...

apalmay

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT535PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Model GDT535PSJSS; It wont run...I have tried the "select cycle" plus "start" buttons for 5s and all the LED's flash and the "Lock" led stays solid. While lit I held "Select Cycle" for 5s and then pressed "select cycle" again then pressed "Start" to start the test but nothing happens. The Start button blinks as does the amber colored indicator outside on top of the door and it beeps three beeps every few seconds. I am unclear when to press "Heat dry" and then "Start" as the last step to make this work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit between the "J" and the "S".

Here's the results I get:
GDT535PSJ0SS
GDT535PSJ2SS
GDT535PSJ4SS
GDT535PSJ5SS
GDT535PSJ6SS

We would need to know which one yours is first to help you.

Hold "Heated Dry" and "Start" for five seconds then try it. Yes at the last step.:)

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Corrected Model #

Thank you; sorry about that on the Model... I was missing the '2'... GDT535PSJ2SS...I tried the steps and the test did not run. The three lights blinking are the "light" under "select cycle" , the "lock" led and then "start" after trying the steps. To be sure I understand I begin with holding "Select Cycle" and "Start" for 5 seconds... I progress with all the other steps and then at the end I hold "Heated Dry" and "Start" for five seconds? I tried that but no success.

Thank you for your reply so far :eagerness:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you did it correctly.

Next, check your main control board Service LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the main control board Service LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24798

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the main control board, and Service LED on it: Main control board access video

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Hello; back in April of this year the above thread instructions worked for the beeping when trying to run the dishwasher. Now, here in September, it wont run but there are lights on the dishwasher. Tried the 'select cycle' and start for 5 seconds again. The LED lights all light but blinked 10 times; they were not solid per the instructions. Went ahead with the process anyway and the Lock LED did turn solid. Proceeded to hold 'select cycle' for 5 seconds and then pressed the 'select cycle' again and then pressed 'start' to kick off the incremental test. The test never ran. Tried holding "heat dry' for 5 seconds and no luck. Then tried holding "heat dry" and "start" for 5 seconds and no luck. I am hesitant to replace control panel as there are lights functioning on the panel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Post #4.

Can you please tell me how many times the Service LED on your control board is blinking?

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Where would I see that light? do I have to remove the control board inside? I watched the video but did not understand where the light was that I'd be looking for.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here you go:

ServiceLED.png

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Thank you. Do you have to remove the actual control board or just the kick plate of the dishwasher and foam pad which would mean I am looking up at the bottom of the control panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, you don't have to remove the control board, follow that video I posted above that shows you to lower that bottom panel to view the control board Service LED.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

6x per 3 seconds is: Dishwasher is in Demo Mode.
--->To exit Demo Mode, press and hold Start and Heated Dry for 5 seconds.

Try that and post back the results.

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I tried to run the test again, you had mentioned that the Drain Pump test should go for 2 mins... ours goes on for maybe 15 -20 secs, stops and then the "Light Cycle" led is flashing twice... Did I mention I hate GE.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
you had mentioned that the Drain Pump test should go for 2 mins
No, that's only on Whirlpool and KitchenAid dishwashers.

-->To exit Demo Mode, press and hold Start and Heated Dry for 5 seconds.

Do that then start a cycle and see if it runs.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

apalmay

Premium Member
I should have mentioned also that when we first try to run the cycle we just hear a bunch of "Clicks" I think 3... I am not sure if this matters, I will review the flowchart, I can tell you I did check the filter area and all those areas are clean as is the disposal area and hose. Thank you for attaching the Service Manual for our unit.

apalmay

Premium Member
Appears Drain Pump decided to stop working... I will wait to see what you think but everything was very clean and nothing was clogged or even close to being dirty.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I can't help you if you don't do the flowchart steps and report back what you find.:)

Jake