GE Model GDT535PSJ2SS; It wont run...

apalmay

Premium Member
Model
GDT535PSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Model GDT535PSJSS; It wont run...I have tried the "select cycle" plus "start" buttons for 5s and all the LED's flash and the "Lock" led stays solid. While lit I held "Select Cycle" for 5s and then pressed "select cycle" again then pressed "Start" to start the test but nothing happens. The Start button blinks as does the amber colored indicator outside on top of the door and it beeps three beeps every few seconds. I am unclear when to press "Heat dry" and then "Start" as the last step to make this work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit between the "J" and the "S".

Here's the results I get:
GDT535PSJ0SS
GDT535PSJ2SS
GDT535PSJ4SS
GDT535PSJ5SS
GDT535PSJ6SS

We would need to know which one yours is first to help you.

Hold "Heated Dry" and "Start" for five seconds then try it. Yes at the last step.:)

Jake

apalmay

Premium Member
Corrected Model #

Thank you; sorry about that on the Model... I was missing the '2'... GDT535PSJ2SS...I tried the steps and the test did not run. The three lights blinking are the "light" under "select cycle" , the "lock" led and then "start" after trying the steps. To be sure I understand I begin with holding "Select Cycle" and "Start" for 5 seconds... I progress with all the other steps and then at the end I hold "Heated Dry" and "Start" for five seconds? I tried that but no success.

Thank you for your reply so far :eagerness:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you did it correctly.

Next, check your main control board Service LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row.

To view the main control board Service LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher.

--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24798

Here's the video that show you how to remove the cover to access the main control board, and Service LED on it: Main control board access video

Jake