• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE monogram dishwasher ZDT975SIJ0II has intermittent power - replaced UI board but still have the same issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliS

Premium Member
Model Number
ZDT975SIJ0II
Brand
GE
The dishwasher has intermittent power. All the buttons seem to work and you can select options but when you hit start and close the door the machine will not start and and the power will be off when you open the door again. When the door is open the lights will go off and on and the display will also go off and on. Replaced the UI board with the personality jumper pins set as instructed and still experiencing the same issues. The main control board is flashing at a slow steady rate. Replaced the main control board less then 2 years ago. Not sure if it's a bad UI replacement board or something else?

AliS

Premium Member
One other note is that I have gotten an F2 fault code which I believe is the UI control unable to communicate with MC. Would that cause the power to go on and off? And is there a way to check if the UI board is indeed good?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have gotten an F2 fault code which I believe is the UI control unable to communicate with MC.
Yes, you are correct.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vUUXq54uhVXGMWX7DylkrOWz_L7v-21P/view?usp=sharing

Troubleshooting starts on Page 44. See if you can Enter Consumer Error Mode and let it run through.

To Enter Consumer Error Mode: With the dishwasher in Standby Mode (not running a cycle), press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds.
On entry into the Consumer Error Mode, the control reports the door status for 10 seconds.
• All LEDs are solidly illuminated if the door is detected as closed.
• All LEDs are flashing if the door is detected as open. open.

Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24903 Machine Control

Let us know what happens.

Jake

AliS

Premium Member
Update. Checked the control board voltage again and this time it was only showing 11.2 originally I had gotten 13.5 which is why I replaced the UI control. Replaced the machine control board and the dishwasher is working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new machine control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.