GE monogram ice maker freezing up

Tommy T

Premium Member
Model
ZISB48DC
Brand
GE
Read thru a number of posts but could find the correct answer. Built in side by side has a couple issues. Freezer has ice forming on the inside of the door dripping down the ice maker door assembly. It seems like the ice is melting and then refreezing. The ice dispensor therefore does not work. This just started a couple weeks ago.

Issue 2 is on the refridge side. Occasionally food near the back or bottom of the refridge freezes. I have vacuumed the condenser but still can't figure out the issue.

Any thoughts would be great.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm not familiar with this model, hopefully another tech. or member that is can shed some light on these issues.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, but built-in which is a whole different animal.:)

My first thoughts is your ice maker is either cracked and leaking or the ice maker itself is telling the water inlet valve to put to much water in.

Jake

Tommy T

Premium Member
Also water not coming out from the dispenser. Probably because it is frozen. Sounds like I need a new ice maker. Is it that difficult to take out the old one and install a new one?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You don't need to shut off the water supply line, the water inlet valve won't let water come in till the ice maker cycles.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, sorry, like I said earlier I have very limited knowledge on these.

You may need to call GE to come out if you can't get this done yourself online.

Jake