GE Monogram Ice Maker not getting water

NotGEFan

Premium Member
Model
ZISS360DMCS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Monogram refrigerator. The ice maker is not getting water. The water dispenser in the front of the door is working perfectly. It's just the water dispenser to the ice maker is not working and not dispensing water into the ice maker. Hence, the ice maker is not making ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotGEFan

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

Thank you for the quick reply. I used the link provided to find the model #. I looked at the image as well as watched the video. I'm flabbergasted as none of the locations specified in the image and the video has the model number. However, I found a model number on a sticker attached to some type of motor unit mounted on top of the refrigerator. It seems like the sticker and its information, model # and serial #, is associated with the refrigerator and not the motor unit. The information on the sticker is:

Model # either Z1SS360DMCS or ZLSS360DMCS (Not sure the second letter in a "1" or an "L")
Serial # VF034550

Thank you so much.

Tony

NotGEFan

Premium Member
Rick,

I'm sorry. The second letter of the model number is an "I", not "1" nor "L". Hence, the model number is ZISS360DMCS.

Again, thank you.

Tony

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK Tony, that's the right number. Check the ice maker indicator LED. It should be solid green. If it's blinking or if it's not illuminated there's a problem with the ice maker. If it's green, look inside the fill tube going to the ice maker and check for any ice blocking it and keeping it from filling. If there is ice in it, replace the water valve.

If it's clear, do one of the following to determine if it's the water valve or if it's the ice maker that needs to be replaced. Remove the two wire connector from the ice maker solenoid on the water valve located in the left side of the machine compartment. Use a cheater cord and connect it to the solenoid. Plug it in for a few seconds and see if water fills the ice maker.

OR Unplug the refrigerator and remove the two wire connector from the ice maker solenoid. Set your meter to check for VAC and insert the meter probes into the connector, one in each wire. Plug the refrigerator back in. During the first 15 seconds that power is first applied to the ice maker, the Service Diagnostic Test mode may be entered.

The service mode is entered by pushing the feeler arm from the “out” position to the “in” position and back again, 3 times and only 3 times within 15 seconds. The ice maker will start a harvest cycle. At the end of the harvest cycle you should see a 120 VAC reading on your meter for approximately 7 seconds. No volts, replace ice maker. Correct voltage, replace the water valve.
GE Ice Maker.jpg

Ice Maker Assembly WR30X10093 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Ice-Maker-Assembly-WR30X10093-00698626.jpg

Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Water-Inlet-Valve-WR57X10032-00802895.jpg

[video=youtube;-VpP7n3EeQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-VpP7n3EeQo[/video]