• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Monogram Refrigerator ZISS360DRAS no power to compressor.. Thus not cooling

Monogram_help

Premium Member
Model Number
ZISS360DRAS
Brand
GE
First, I want to say that this forum is awesome!!! Thank you!

Over the past few days, I've read and re-read the procedures for testing my monogram not cooling problem... It turns out that the compressor is not running while all fans and lights are working.

Following Rick's guide, I tested the voltage with all wires connected at J15.. I have 5.28v there. Is this enough?

I have 0 volts at the compressor connector with all wires connected. I have 10 ohms between the compressor connectors. Except one was 8ohms. (possibly the probe wasn't fully connecting)

Does the voltage reading mean I most likely have a bad inverter board? If so, what inverter part number should I order? I can't find it even in the troubleshooting guide.

Given the fact that they're pretty pricey, I don't want to order parts again and again...

Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:
ge-inverter-free-stndg-wr55x20817-ap5796410_01_l.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick is right, I replaced the inverter on a GE refrigerator 3 weeks ago in Quartzsite, Arizona and the compressor started right up and it was cooling great as I was leaving the customers house.:)

Jake

Monogram_help

Premium Member
Hey Guys. I just wanted to post that I finally found the solution for this problem.. I replaced the inverter AND the main board but still had the issue. I double checked the compressor OHMs and found that they were infact all the same (slightly less than 10 ohms.)

While testing the impedance, I noticed a spade tab on the compressor near where the 3 phase connector attaches. To my knowledge, it didn't have any connection when I pulled everything out. (and according the schematic, the compressor should get it's ground from the carriage frame.)

On an off chance, I just pressed the green and yellow ground wire onto that tab... And Viola! The compressor came to life!!!! and has been running properly for 2 weeks since.

So if your compressor won't fire up, try putting the Green with Yellow striped wired on that tab. You might be surprised...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find.(y)

Thanks for letting us know!

Jake