• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

GE Monogram Trivection Wall Oven ZET3038SH3SS Removing Oven Door

FernSuss

Premium Member
Model Number
ZET3038SH3SS
Brand
GE
Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to remove the oven door because I want to clean it but do not want to use the self-clean option as I am deadly afraid of it. I have seen that it is pretty easy to remove, but mine has a type of screwed-in latch to hold the hinges, so I'm not sure whether I can remove it. Anyone has any ideas as to how to do this?

By the way, the reason why I want to clean the door is because for some reason the inside glass has some sort of spill that dripped down.

Thank you!

If there's a lock lever on the hinges, open the door all the way and pull the lock levers down against the door. Then close the door to half way between the broil position and full closed and lift the door and the hinges come out of the receivers.

I don't think that works...I'm attaching a picture of what I mean.

oven.jpg

Remove the screw and bracket that's holding the lock lever up then you can pull the lever down.

Thank you. The thing is that I don't own a screwdriver like that, and I'm not sure what to ask for if I buy it. What's the name?

It called a Torx screw. It looks like a #T-10 or #T-15 but I can't tell. All the home centers, Walmart, Harbor Freight will have them. You can get an assortment for less than $10. Something like this:
torx.jpg
torx bits.jpg

We use the self clean function all the time on out GE ZET1RM3SS. Nothing to be fearful of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back