• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE/Monogram ZET2PH2SS, double wall oven no longer proofing

KirkC

Premium Member
Model Number
ZET2PH2SS
Brand
GE
A GE/Monogram ZET2PH2SS, double wall oven came with a new house we bought. It worked well. After about a year, the proofing function for both the top and bottom ovens stopped working. All of the cooking functions still work. After running the proof function for an hour, the oven has heated to about 84 degrees.

Oddly, if one turns on the bake function, the temperature shows for preheating begins at 100 degrees, even though a thermometer inside the oven shows 84. It could be that this is the lowest temperature the display shows, but I thought I'd mention it. In older ovens, many times the incandescent oven light was used as a heating element for proofing. That does not seem to be the case in this oven.

I wonder if the conversion elements for the convection fans should be working but are not. It is also odd to me that the proof functions of both ovens have failed, which could indicate a software bug, or failure of a common component. Sadly, GE will not give me a service manual, and I am not going to pay the 110 dollars they want to come out and look at an oven that failed after 1 year. Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting the error?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I've never heard of this feature before, hopefully a GE tech. that's seen this problem can shed some light on it.

I don't have the service manual for your model either or I would share it with you.

Here's what GE says about it:

Jake

KirkC

Premium Member
image.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the photo, yes I see that PROOF button, I've been doing appliance repair as a career for 34 years, and never heard of it till now.

So I'm hopeful a GE factory tech that has been trained on this feature can assist you.

I could help you out if I had the service manual, but I don't have the service manual.

Jake

KirkC

Premium Member
I appreciate your comment. This is the first time I've had an oven with a proof feature, and since I make yogurt and bake, was happy to have it. After two failed yogurt cultures, I found out that it wasn't working correctly. I tested the baking temperatures and went through the temperature adjustments outlined in the owner's manual, but there was no mention of how to adjust the proofing temperature. After getting no help from GE (they sent me another owner's manual), now I am having to reach out to the community.

Last edited: