• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Monogram ZFSB23DRSS Side by Side Refrigerator not cooling

mharring72

Model Number
ZFSB23DRSS
Brand
GE
I just purchased this used refrigerator from a reputable source and was told that before their kitchen was renovated the fridge worked great and was very cold. It had been in the garage unplugged for about a month when I bought it just a couple days ago. I had to lay it on its side for about an hour to get it home and then left it unplugged until the next day. Once I connected the water to the back and plugged it in everything lit up just fine however I feel no air movement inside the fridge. I have plugged and replugged it a few times as well. It has now been on for a day and still not getting any cooling at all and has only gotten hotter inside on both sides. I can here a light fan running continuously in the back but that is all. Any ideas? Trying to determine if it worth getting checked out. It is a really nice looking refrigerator and I have always trusted GE. I really appreciate any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_5431.PNG
    IMG_5431.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5432.PNG
    IMG_5432.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 47

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower back access panel and see if the compressor and condenser fan motor are both running.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.