• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

GE Over range micro

ToddT

Premium Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
3
Location
florida
Due to Wilma, I have a GE Over the range micro that does not power up at all. Have checked power outlet and it's working. Replaced fuse behind the grill/vent and still not working. Model number is JVM1653SF001
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,700
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

micro that does not power up at all
Totally dead? If yes, some possible trouble makers:
- bad house fuse/breaker
- bad fuse in the microwave
- open flame thermostat
- bad control board

TCO flame switch

jeff.
 
Top