• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

GE Over-The-Counter Microwave JES1145SHSS: Light Bulb Voltage Rating

CGL

Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
1
Location
South MS
Model Number
JES1145SHSS
Brand
GE
Age
Less than 1 year
I just purchased a GE over-the-counter microwave JES1145SHSS which came with a light bulb with a very dim light. My reference are other GE units I had in the same model lineup. Out of curiosity I opened the unit to get the ratings of the bulb thinking they put a 5w bulb in it and noticed the bulb was rated 250V. The microwave is plugged to a 120V power source, so shouldn't that unit have come with a bulb rated 125V? That is what my other units had in them. It just dawned on me that I didn't check the voltage at the bulb connectors, so I may need to do that.
 
Top