• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE PB915ST1SS oven heats to high and won't maintain temperature

Effaroon

Premium Member
Model Number
PB915ST1SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE PB915ST1SS that is about 9 years old. Oven heats up too high, so 350 degrees will yield around 400 degrees, oven beeps to indicate it is up to temperature (which again is too high) and then allows the temperature to drop. So it won't maintain the temp and the temp is off. I literally watched it go down well under 300 degrees and it never heated back up. It's possessed!!!

So far I replaced the Temperature Sensor (WB21T10007 Sensor Assembly) and now the Control Board (T012 ELE Part # WB27T11372).

Anyone have an ideas?
Thank you!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So far I replaced the Temperature Sensor .......... and now the Control Board
It sounds like one of the new parts is bad. Check the oven sensor for 1100 Ω with a meter. Where did you get the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick, if the oven sensor ohms tests good, then it has to be the oven control board that's the culprit, that's all it can be.:)

Here's the oven control board for your model:

Disconnector power to the range and ohm test your oven sensor per this video below.

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
We had one member get a board from a seller on Amazon and caps were replaced. I don't know if it was sold as new or rebuilt. It didn't work.

Effaroon

Premium Member
Rick and Jake,
Thank you SO much for the information. I will test the oven temperature sensor as Jake's video shows. I got the replacement control board directly from GE, but it was in a bag that was NOT sealed. If the sensor if okay, will pursue GE for another board. I did get the sensor from Amazon and it came in a bag that had GE logos on it.. but you never know, there are so many scams on Amazon.

You guys are awesome - thank you. I will post back if I get it working.

Effaroon

Premium Member
I tested the oven sensor and it read 1093. Based on the information from Jake’s video, the sensor is good.

So I put my original control board back in just to test. It would go up to the requested temp and then, as it has I the past, temp would fall. With the “new” GE board temp would go higher than set temp and then fall.

So from our discussion I would have to assume I received a bad control board from GE. Do you think I should get another board? Perhaps pursue GE for a replacement?

Thank you again for you assistance

rickgburton

Staff member
Perhaps pursue GE for a replacement?
That would be the best way to go.
With the “new” GE board temp would go higher than set temp and then fall.
That's normal for the temperature to overshoot the set temperature on the first temperature rise then fall below the set temperature before it turns on again. When checking the temperature with a thermometer or DMM, let the oven cycle on and off a couple times first. Say your temperature is set to 350° and it climbs to 400°, turns off and drops to 300° before it turns on again, the average oven temp is 350°