• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE PGS930SEL1SS Slide In Oven Bake and Broil pre-heat functions shut down when temp reaches 240 deg

csstile

Premium Member
Model Number
PGS930SEL1SS
Brand
GE
GE PGS930SEL1SS slide in oven pre-heat functions in bake and convection modes shut down when temp reaches approximately 240-250 deg. I received the following failure codes in ERC mode:

Fault 683 (Inactive / 1 Occurrence)
Fault 350 (Inactive / 11 Occurences)
Fault 352 (Inactive / 1 Occurrence)

I have tested the blower motor in service mode and it hums but does not come on. I inspected for blower blockage and there is none. The blower spins freely by hand. I also connected the blower motor directly to 120v bypassing oven wiring and the fan comes on and spins fine.

I replaced the machine board but, it did not fix the problem.

What else can I try or does someone have a solution to fix the blower motor coming on which should fix the pre-heat issue?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
...it hums but does not come on......120v bypassing oven wiring and the fan comes on
Measure the resistance of the fan motor (58 Ω) Go back into service mode and measure the voltage at the fan motor. Check for less than 1Ω across the thermal cut out (if it exists).
Snapshot_2.jpg

csstile

Premium Member
The picture you show and the ohm specs are not the same for my model. If you reference Service Bulletin TB16-18 Aug 2018. Resistance between White to Red is 31 ohms and White to Black is 47 ohms.

rickgburton

Staff member
White to Red is 31 ohms and White to Black is 47 ohms.
I don't have that service bulletin or the wiring diagram for for that model. Sorry It looks like it's a two speed motor? Did you bench test it on both speeds?

rickgburton

Staff member
Well, right off the bat it sounds like a bad motor. The control tests the motor on low speed and it hums. You bench tested it on high speed. Sounds like the low speed is out. Since it hums you know it's getting voltage.
Lift the top. Check for 120 volts between the LOW speed tab (black wire) and the neutral tab (white wire).