• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE PGSS5PJYASS French door refrigerator broken water line

anton005

Premium Member
Model Number
PGSS5PJYASS
Brand
GE
Hi,
I've got a GE PGSS5PJYASS French door refrigerator, yesterday I noticed when I tried to get some water that it didn't come right out and gurgled out a bunch of air. It eventually dispensed water. I started poking around and saw water leaking out the bottom right side(when facing the front) about half way back. So looks like the water line has a hole in it somewhere. How do I access it to fix it? Any info on how to get it open would be very helpful.

Thanks, Anton

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

anton005

Premium Member
It's not leaking from the rolled up lines in the back behind the trays, I would see water in the fridge if it was. It has to be between where the line from the door goes into the fridge and where it comes out behind the trays. Water would then leak down inside the wall of the fridge and come out the bottom? Is that portion of the tube serviceable? Any thoughts? I'm not ready to give up on this thing, even if it means doing surgery on the inside to find that tube in the wall.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know that, but those rolled up lines go underneath the refrigerator, the water could be traveling down, that's why you need a droplight to pinpoint where that water is coming from.

Or the water break can be just underneath the bottom cavity of the refrigerator, a droplight is your best friend right now.:)

If you're still unable to find the leak, Its best to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to have a GE tech. come out to see what's going on.

anton005

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! You were right. I pulled the fridge out, turned on the water and found the leak right away. One of the hoses was touching the inverter and the heat destroyed the tubing. All fixed up, I guess I was way off, 😂.

Take care til next time ☺️.

Anton

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Anton, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update and donation!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.