• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Profile Arctica Side -by-Side Model PSS29NS Not making ice (again)

Lew5100

Model Number
PSS29NS
Brand
GE
So, My ice machine decided to stop making ice (Again). At first, there was no water in the ice trays but the machine itself would still heat up and spin to eject the ice cubes. So, I replaced the water inlet valve (easy repair) and since there was a good bit of frost in, and around the ice shoot, I went ahead and replaced the solenoid at the front. Within a couple of hours I was making ice again. After about 2 or 3 trays of ice, it has stopped making ice again. No water in the tray again. Water does displease from the door. I cannot see any ice in the water tube coming into the ice machine so I don't think the line is frozen. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
While I'm posting...the shelves in my freezer seemed to have shrunk (not really)! They are no longer wide enough and keep falling. The sides have not expanded but the shelves now longer fit - very odd...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing some digits after the "S" at the end of your model number.

Here's the parts list: Parts for PSS29NS

The problem with the ice maker is it seems to be malfunctioning, so replacing the ice maker should resolve it.

You can blow through the water line tube to the ice maker to make sure its not clogged with ice.

Are your shelves plastic? I've run into this issue and using my heat gun I could reform the plastic to fit properly again.

Jake