GE Profile Artica Water Dispenser Not Dispensing

HelenaB

Premium Member
Model Number
PSC23NSTSS
Brand
GE
This is a 2006/7 fridge.

Last week my water dispenser stopped working. I took out the drawers and noticed the Water Tank sprang a leak. I ordered the part and replaced it today. It has filled up and there is water going to the door but no water is coming out. I double checked the connections and they are all tight. I pressed the dispenser for 2 straight and still nothing. And water is definitely being delivered to both. It looked like there may have been an air bubble but not sure what to do to prove it.

The ice maker and dispenser is working like a champ. Any ideas what's happening and what I can do to solve the issue?

Thanks for your advice.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Water coming out the connector ( behind the front grill ) at the bottom of the freezer door? If yes, possible the line inside the freezer door is frozen. An over night defrost with the doors open may help.
Some need a heater kit to prevent freezing...

Heating-Element-WR49X10173-01066441.jpg Dispenser water tube heater kit Manufacturer Number WR49X10173

jeff.

HelenaB

Premium Member
Thanks for the advice. Just a question for clarification. When you say "defrost with the doors open" so you mean defrost the freezer only, leaving the freezer door open or do you mean defrost the entire fridge cleaning the whole thing out and leaving both doors open? And what should the freezer be set for defrost? Mine is the temp so I can't turn it off without unplugging the whole thing.

I just want to make sure I do the right thing the first time. Thanks so much.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When you say "defrost with the doors open" so you mean defrost the freezer only, leaving the freezer door open or do you mean defrost the entire fridge cleaning the whole thing out and leaving both doors open?
All of it, both doors.

And what should the freezer be set for defrost?
??
You mean your over night defrost?....unplug the refrigerator or flip off the breaker in the house fuse box so the lights are not on.

jeff.