• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE profile dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS, only drains half the time, have already changed drain pump, cleaned drain line

Tim3539

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Have a ge profile dishwasher, only drains half the time, have already changed drain pump, cleaned drain line and rerouted drain hose with small loop side of machine then large loop underneath sink before attaching to sink drain

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tim,

What do you mean "only drains half the time"? Is there water in the bottom of the tub when the entire cycle is done?

Jake

Tim3539

Premium Member
Hi Jake

Sometimes after the cycle is complete there is clear water appxoximatel 1/4 inch in bottom of dishwasher sometimes there is no water .
changed the drain pump and rerouted drain hose
any insights are appreciated

tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd Tim, intermittent problems like are the hardest to nail down.

You'd have to stay with the dishwasher at the final drain each time you run a cycle and check for 120 volts to the drain pump when you don't hear it running when it should be running.

Here's the drain pump for your model:

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing Page 66 is the drain pump flow chart.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order, if voltage is not present at the drain pump: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

Tim3539

Premium Member
Thanks for the insight. I have stayed with the machine for a light cycle (49) minutes and the pump drains, stops, and then drains, again and then repeat.

I noticed the drain hose going to the kitchen sinks water flow doesn't seem very intense, water goes in stops then water flows again, the hose is pretty clear and this is how it appears to operate, the dishwasher that i am attempting to repair belongs to my daughter and my dishwasher however appears to drain in the same fashion so i presume this is correct sequence of events is the machine control one of the usual suspects?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
the dishwasher that i am attempting to repair belongs to my daughter and my dishwasher however appears to drain in the same fashion so i presume this is correct sequence of events is the machine control one of the usual suspects?
Yes Tim, I would agree with you on that.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Tim!

Jake