• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Profile Dishwasher PDT825SSJ2SS beeping then dead

jmfly30

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
First time poster here. I think I know the answer to this question based on what I've learned in these forums the past few days, I just want to confirm.

My GE profile dishwasher PDT825SSJ2SS started random spells of beeping every few minutes like the door was open. This went on for about a month, then it completely died. No lights, no power, and wouldn't turn on. I removed the lower access panel, and the indicator light on the main board was a steady green. I unplugged the door connector and plugged it back in, and the unit started working again. A few days later, the beeping started again and then a few days after that it died again. Repeated the process, and it worked again for a few days, started beeping, then died.
My research here says it's the UI board in the door based on the steady green indicator light. The unplugging of the door connector to revive it for a few days is what's thrown me for a curve.
If it is the UI board, can someone link me to the correct one? I'm fairly handy, I feel I can handle it myself. Can the door be removed without removing the entire dishwasher?

Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Yes the UI Board is usually the culprit when it does that random beeping, then goes dead.

Here's the UI Board for your model you can order:
--->It will come with instructions to set the UI personality jumpers per your model number. I replaced a UI Board back in Feb. 2020 on a local customer's GE dishwasher and set the jumpers and it worked perfect!

You can verify that with your multimeter the UI operational voltage is output from the main control on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is there, replace the UI Board.

If 13.5 Volts DC is there, replace the UI Board.:)

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

That J722 connector is on the other side of the control board, look here:

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Make sure you set the personality jumpers(per the instructions that came with it) before you install the new UI Board.

I uploaded the service manual to your model here:
Download it and it shows you how to remove the old UI Board and install the new UI Board.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

jmfly30

Premium Member
Ok great, thanks for the information.

When I use the appliance compatibility tool at the bottom of that page, it say's that this part number is not compatible with PDT825SSJ2SS. Can I assume that is not necessarily always correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake