• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Profile Electric Stove, model number PB960EJ4ES

Anastasia700

Premium Member
Model Number
PB960EJ4ES
Brand
GE
I had to replace a GFCI outlet. When I went to turn the breaker off, I accidentally flipped the one below it that was for my electric stove, now my stove does not work at all. It has power from the outlet all the way to the control panel. I am not sure how to test or repair parts of the control panel once tested. I can not afford to go buy a new control panel. They are about $500 or more- suggestions?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is the display blank? Turning the breaker off shouldn't cause the machine to go dead but if you have voltage at the control and the control is not working, bad control.
.....how to test or repair parts of the control panel
There are no schematics or parts available for the control board so we only go down to the board level. It wouldn't be cost effective as a service tech to try and repair boards. Other members have repaired boards with some success but they usually have a background in electronics.

Anastasia700

Premium Member
Yes, that is it. I do not have a background in electronics, but I am pretty good at troubleshooting and know how to work a DMM. I need to find the schematics I suppose. I cannot afford a new control panel.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Anastasia700

Premium Member
How can they not exist? Should I contact GE? Sorry, but this is confusing to me because there have to be schematics somewhere lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick is probably thinking you wanted schematics for the control board only, which is true they do not exist to the general public.

But all machines come with schematics for the whole machine in general. Usually they are located in your console or underneath your range, or in the back of your range.

Jake

Anastasia700

Premium Member
I found them and I found someone local who believes they can repair the control panel. Thanks for all of your help guys :) Have a great day~