GE Profile Induction Cooktop Range - Stopped working

rrglaser

Premium Member
Model
PHS925ST1SS
Brand
GE
I have an induction range that stopped working last night - the control panel went blank but the oven light would come on when the door was open. I turned the breaker of for a few minutes then on but nothing changed. An hour later the clock started blinking, I reset it and everything worked. This morning the control panel was blank; this renders the oven and stove top completely inoperable. Any thoughts?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
See if this will work:
To enter the test mode, disconnect power to the range for 5 seconds, reconnect power, and then press keys 1 and 5. The display will show tESt. A test feature is selected by pressing certain individual keys. When selected, each test feature will remain displayed for 10 seconds, and then the display will return to tESt. To exit the test mode, touch the Clear Off pad. The test mode will automatically time out in 10 minutes.

rrglaser

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply. I ran through the steps above but nothing happened. Throughout the day the clock has flashed a few times but then all went blank and unresponsive again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi all,

Sounds like the clock control display board is bad, I always check voltage to it with my multimeter, usually you will see a terminal marked L or L1 and N between those two terminals you should have 120 volts, if so and the clock control display board is blank/unresponsive then its bad.

Here's the clock control display board for your model you can order if needed:
GE WB27T11430 Control Ui Asm - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake