GE Profile PGSS5RKZHSS Ice Maker melting ice

Hubbs

Premium Member
Model Number
PGSS5RKZHSS
Brand
GE
Ice was melting in the ice bin, and finally quit making ice ... water was in the ice maker but did not freeze. Talked to a technician from this site, and ended up replacing the blower fan for the ice maker. After the fan replacement, the fridge was making ice, but at very low volumes, and the ice would get porous, like it was melting in the bin, but not as fast as before. Current temperature in the ice bin is between negative 3 and plus 4 degrees F. Any tips or help to diagnose would be appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You Talked to a technician from this site? Who did you talk to? It has to be either me, Rick, jeff1, bigbuck, or Dan O.

And it wasn't me.

Jake

Hubbs

Premium Member
Hi, Jake. Sorry for the confusion. After looking at my history, I think I talked to someone at a copycat site, but I like the diagnosis help and repair instructions I see here on your site. Any help with the above is still definitely appreciated, and will order parts from your site related to the repair suggestions...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that's odd because the temperature is perfect so it should be making plenty of ice.

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet for this model, I will ask our tech bigbuck if he has it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Jake

SJ12DS

Premium Member
Was there a resolution to this problem? I have the same problem with the same model. Fan was replaced as well.