• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Profile Range PGB995SET1SS - Gas Leak

ben518

Premium Member
Model Number
PGB995SET1SS
Brand
GE
Hello - My wife noticed a gas smell in our house and we called the gas company. They came out and checked everything and found that our GE gas stove has a leak. It does not appear to be the line from the gas line to the stove but rather inside the stove. The stove was bought in 2013 and is a GE model number PGB995SET1SS. Until now the stove has not had any issues and we like it a lot.

I called the company we bought it from and they can send a tech out for $245.00 which includes the diagnosis and one hour repair time. Parts would be additional. I wanted to get some opinions from others more experienced with appliance repairs to get their thoughts on whether its worth repairing the stove or would it be better to just purchase a new one where the stove is 9 years old. When I asked the repair person who was calling to schedule the repair if they see gas stoves leaking often he said not really.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

How much is a new range?
Once the cost of repair gets to approx 50% or above of the cost to replace the appliance....we often advice to replace rather than repair......JMO!

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.