• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE profile Range PGS930SEL2SS - oven does not maintain temp

bagel

Premium Member
Model Number
PGS930SEL2SS
Brand
GE
Title says it... I just got a 2 year old used PGS930SEL2SS and the oven does not appear to work correctly. When set on bake or convection bake, it appears to reach temperature during preheat. After preheat the temp appears to drop based (food not cooking... Oven thermometer already ordered to validate). If I cancel the oven function and turn it back on, it displays a much lower temp and starts preheat again.
Ex set 400, preheat done, 20 mins later, turn oven off, turn back on to 400, oven temp displays 325, starts preheat again.

Searching some posts, it seems like this points to the control board which is part WB56X28190. I'm a bit confused however since there appears to be another control board part WB27X29497... How can I tell which one to replace?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Before ordering the control board, I'd first ohm test your oven sensor. I use this multimeter myself: Multimeter DM10T

To ohm test the oven sensor: All you do is pull your range out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel and you will see a little plastic connector that connects to your oven sensor, just unsnap that little plastic connector and take a ohm reading on it at room temperature per the video below.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Oven Sensor asm WB24X25557

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Searching some posts, it seems like this points to the control board which is part WB56X28190. I'm a bit confused however since there appears to be another control board part WB27X29497... How can I tell which one to replace?
This one:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

bagel

Premium Member
Just measured the temp sensor: 1080 ohms exactly.

Do you know what the difference between those 2 control boards are? I'm pretty happy that it could be the cheaper of the two :).

Part has been ordered.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

bagel

Premium Member
Machine board has been replaced. Looking pretty good after a 30 min test! Held temp to within 10 or so degrees +/- set point.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @bagel glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@bagel is correct, that is the correct one for your model @cklene he posted.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @cklene glad to hear the new control board fixed yours too.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake