• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE profile Refrigerator PGSS5PJYASS how to remove water dispenser panel?

anton005

Premium Member
Model Number
PGSS5PJYASS
Brand
GE
Hi everyone! This abomination of a fridge is needing more tlc. I believe a piece in the water dispenser broke, well actually I know it broke because some of it fell out. An issue started with the water not shutting off when you removed pressure from the lever that turns on water (great feature!) so sometimes when we are freaking out that the cup is full and water is still coming out the lever would be shaken or hit to get it to stop. Anyway, I'm looking to replace the broken parts in there and I'm not sure how to get the whole panel off to see what exactly is going on. The bottom half of the panel looks easy to get unclipped, but I'm not sure what is holding on the top half. I figure after this it should be good for awhile since most off the parts have been replaced, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_092608635.jpg
    IMG_20200909_092608635.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 22

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

anton005

Premium Member
Beautiful! Thanks Jake. Got it taken apart, you were right, 64 is broken. But I think the root of the problem is the switch in part 61, It seems to get stuck in the on position. Is that switch normally open or closed?

anton005

Premium Member
The switch seems fine also, Is it possible that the solenoid is bad? Wish it would get stuck in the closed position instead of the open position...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent good find!

The water dispenser switch is normally open, until you press the dispenser lever then it closes to send 120 volts to the water inlet valve for water to pour into your glass.

If it continues to pour water into your glass when no one is pressing the water dispenser lever, then quickly unplug your refrigerator from the wall outlet and see if the water keeps flowing, if so, then it's definitely a bad water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032

Jake

anton005

Premium Member
Allright, back in business. Got parts from AppliancePartsPros.com very reasonable parts/overnight shipping prices by the way, super happy about that. Everything works great now :) A few months ago the ice maker took a break for awhile, then a few weeks ago it began working again... I wonder if that was also related to the water valve? Lets hope so...

Thanks Jake!

Take care everyone. See you all next time it craps out, I'm sure it won't be too long LOL.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Anton, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake