• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Profile Series Refrigerator PFCS1RKZJSS Ice maker not freezing the water

radar2000

Premium Member
Model Number
PFCS1RKZJSS
Brand
GE
We have a GE Profile refrigerator (PFCS1RKZJSS) that is not producing ice. I've replaced the icemaker just recently, waited over 48 hours and the water still won't freeze. The refrigerator and freezer settings have been set colder than the suggested settings and still the tray is sitting with just cold water.

I then moved my attention to the two vents at the top left of the refrigerator. The bottom vent is blowing cold air out, but the top vent is doing nothing. In fact, it seems to be warm to the touch and I had noticed that there is some yellowing around the vent. This is now leading me to believe that there could be an issue with the ice maker fan, as there is no cold air being blown from the freezer.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

PFCS1RKZJSS does not pull up as good, please recheck your model number. Take a photo of the model number tag.

Jake

radar2000

Premium Member
Hi Jake.

Here's a pic of the model number.

Cheers!

Attachments

• GE Profile - Fridge Model Number.jpg
    GE Profile - Fridge Model Number.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 36

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, looks like that is the correct model number, unfortunately some Canadian models are not listed here in the USA, and this is one of them.

With a model number I can look up, I'm not able to assist you, sorry.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, great!

Here's the ice maker fan motor for your model:
WR60X10330 Blower Fan Duct

Check for 12-14 Volts DC. What we are finding is, if there is ice on the wire connector for the fan motor it may have shorted the motherboard.

You can Do the voltage test from the motherboard, which is located in the back of the refrigerator.
Snapshot_3.jpg

Locate the J2 CONNECTOR on the motherboard and test between J2 Pin 7 to J2 Pin 8 (13.6 Volts DC)

Here's the motherboard for your model you can order:
WR55X11098 Board Asm, Main Control

Jake