Ge Profile Working Poorly!

Loberg

I have a 1yr old GE Profile PDW9706L0011 it was very expensive and works terrible. leaves food particles all over dishes and residue. Have tried all detergents, prewash and not prewash. Completelty taken apart and cleaned all washing parts in tub about every 2 weeks. Have alot of lime that built up but rest of house does not have really bad lime. But delime dishwasher every 2 weeks. About to throw out this piece of garbage. But paid i think $1300 plus another $500 for custom made doors on front of it. PLEASE HELP

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The main cause of poor performance in dishwashers is water temperature.

You must make sure you run the hot water at your sink before starting your dishwasher, and it has to be at least 130 degrees coming out.

Jake

Ge-FridgeHater

Premium Member
Water quality

We had same problem with our new super high-tech dishwasher. Sears service guy tested our water temperature (no problem0 and then blamed our city water quality. He wanted to sell us a water softener.

On the wife's insistance, I gave in and we installed one. Hate to admit it, but it has made such a difference. Clear clean glassware, better washing as detergent now works properly to clean the food scaps off the dishes.
And beer tastes so much better from clean glassware!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, glad the water softener you had installed improved the performance.:)

Jake