• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE PT9050SF4SS Oven F20 then F34 Error Code

Drewmich

Premium Member
Model Number
PT9050SF4SS
Brand
GE
Have a 4 year old GE Profile PT9050SF4SS that just started given random errors.

ALWAYS when I'm not using it .... not heat on so the sensor probably isn't causing the Error code??

Started with F20 ... we could cancel it and it was fine - sometimes for a day or two ...

Then it would come back and now it is giving an F34 error. But also shows F20 occasionally?

I flipped the breaker power off for a day and just powered back on .... time time came on and then an F34 error code.

The LCD touchscreen won't do anything.

We have only used this oven 10 times or so as it isn't our main dbl oven - ...

I'm an electrician so I can troubleshoot ... just need to know what parts need replaced or we can even replace components in our electronics lab. .

Attachments

• GE Oven F34.JPG
    GE Oven F34.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 26

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I did locate F20 and F34, start reading on page 33 here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz...=sharing&resourcekey=0-gQqthXxfuAz_6b49X5wSBQ

Those relate to the oven sensor.

Here is it for your model:
WB21X10165 Sensor Asm

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Make sure you disconnect power to your oven before removing the oven sensor and ohm testing it.

To remove the oven sensor just open the oven door and you will see the sensor on the back of the inside of your oven, just remove the screws to it and pull it out and unsnap the electrical connector to it, from inside the oven, then you can ohm test it with your meter.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Drewmich

Premium Member
Jake

I found the F20 error code at Page 33 on the tech doc - but it doesn't show anything about the F34 code?

Also - Would the F20 error code show up even if the oven wasn't turned on and the sensor was activated?

Thanks!

Drewmich

Premium Member
Jake

Also - I removed the single screw holding the sensor to the rear plate ... but the cable wouldn't pull thru the plate. Do I need to removed the upper element also to get to the cable connection to undo it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those are good questions, but I don't know the answers, this is a model I have not worked on before.

That service manual is what I'm going by, and that's all I have on it.

Jake