• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE PYE22KSKBSS refrigerator not making ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcway16

Premium Member
Model Number
PYE22KSKBSS
Brand
GE
Hey guys, thanks ahead of time for any help

I have a GE PYE22KSKBSS refrigerator in which the ice maker suddenly stopped making ice. I did go in to the settings and turn the ice maker on/off to no avail.

Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Remove the ice maker and see if you have ice in the tray, if so see if the ice maker blades are stuck on the ice and won't cycle it out.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
When you click the part link to the ice maker, you will see a video of how to remove and replace it.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet, run the diagnostics for the ice maker and tell us what happens.

Jake

Attachments

• 31-51901 GE Mini Manual.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 66

jcway16

Premium Member
Thanks for the info

Ice maker was all clear

I ran test ‘00-99 FF Door Icemaker Full Cycle Test’

While running the test the display just showed ‘01’

I heard some stuff going on, but the test never seemed to end and I just pressed a button to end it and exit the diagnostic mode. Am I doing something wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was there ice in the ice maker tray?

Put a freezer thermometer in the ice maker compartment and leave it there for a couple hours and see what the temperature is in the ice maker compartment.

Jake

jcway16

Premium Member
Sorry if I was not clear…no, there was no ice in the icemaker tray

Hmmmm, I’ll have to pick up a freezer thermometer

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I’ll have to pick up a freezer thermometer
Yes, because the ice maker has to be below 10 degrees F at all times for it to work.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ice maker sits at -2 degrees Fahrenheit
Good!

I heard some stuff going on, but the test never seemed to end and I just pressed a button to end it and exit the diagnostic mode. Am I doing something wrong?

So its possibly a bad ice maker or bad water inlet valve. But the tech. data sheet is very vague about how to pinpoint which one it is.

You may need to contact GE to come out at at 1-800-432-2737, as I'm not that familiar with these newer GE models too much to confirm which is the bad part.

Jake

jcway16

Premium Member
Would the water valve correlate to the water that is used to fill cups and such? Because that DOES work

Where would I find the ice maker water valve? Is that included with a replacement icemaker? If so, I may just change the unit as their cheap enough

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should be #642 here in your parts diagram:

I am unable to find the technical service manual online anywhere TO access it. But I did locate a video that may be similar to your model here:

Jake

jcway16

Premium Member
Update: I installed a new icemaker and it does not seem to have fixed the problem.

I installed it with the fridge on/plugged in. Should I have unplugged it/is there a reset that has to be done?

After install I turned the icemaker back on, there is no water in the ice cube trays.

Water for filling cups and such has never stopped working, which is what made me replace the icemaker and not the water valve.

Should I move on to the water valve???

jcway16

Premium Member
Disregard, I checked this morning and we have ice!

Thanks for all of your help guys, I recently fixed my washing machine and refrigerator with great help fork everyone on here

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, always unplug the refrigerator, or any appliance you are working on, first before replacing any parts.:)

Disregard, I checked this morning and we have ice!
Wonderful, that's great news to hear.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.