• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE range JB645DK4BB new installation, control panel is blank

jpmriley

Premium Member
Model Number
JB645DK4BB
Brand
GE
Surface elements work. Control panel is blank. Nothing happens when I touch any of the buttons. I have reset the stove by turning off the breaker for 5 minutes and and then turning it back on.
In the installation checklist it states: "Check that the oven control operates properly. If the oven control does not operate properly, recheck the wiring connections. I have included photos of the wiring. Any ideas. I know I can call them, get a new one, etc. But if it is a simple fix, I'd like to have my stove running

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your wiring looks fine. Its likely a defective clock oven control board if its not coming on, or a wire came loose from it during shipping. Unplug the range and check all the wires that connect to the clock oven control board to see if any are loose.

If not, then you will need to contact GE at 1-800-432-2737 to schedule a service call under warranty.

Jake

jpmriley

Premium Member
Jake

Thank you for your reply. It was a Home Depot product. They have a 48 hour return window on major appliances. I am getting a new range on Jan 24, so late because it is back ordered. I have a toaster oven so I should be all set until then. I will look at the wires also, to see if anything is obvious. I was on the phone with Home Depot and GE yesterday and today for over 3 1/2 hours. I finally spoke to a Home Depot person who did their job and helped me out. Big Shout Out to Saundra Y, a great Home Depot customer service person.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Big Shout Out to Saundra Y, a great Home Depot customer service person.
Excellent, we always love to hear when Home Depot folks take care of their customers. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

jpmriley

Premium Member
On Sat, Feb. 22, 2020 my 4th GE range model# JB645DK4BB was delivered. All 4 ranges do/did not work in exactly the same way. The oven controls do not work. There are no lights on, so I can't turn on the oven. All the surface units work.

I sent a certified letter to Mark Holifield, Home Depot Executive Vice President-Supply Chain & Product Development. The day he received the letter, a high level supply chain manager called me and is helping me out.

But what about GE? I also sent a certified letter to Paul Surowiec, Vice President Cooking, GE Appliances. I have heard nothing form them.

jpmriley

Premium Member
I fixed it! I just couldn't understand how 4 ranges were all broken in the same way. I measured the voltage at the outlet. The 120v on one side was wonky. I took the cover off and found that one of the connections was cracked in half. I got a new outlet from my local hardware store, installed it and it works!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, Mystery solved!!! (y)

Good Find, that is extremely rare to ever see happen.

Thanks for the update!

Jake