• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Range Self-Clean Timer Electical Contact Replacement

tjg79

Premium Member
Model Number
JGBP24GEJ4AD
Brand
GE
Hi, My GE range will not go into self-clean mode. I believe the problem part is the bimetalic electrical contacts mounted on the back of the oven timer. The part has two electrical contact strips; one for self-clean mode and one for timed bake mode. The self-clean mode contact strip appears damaged due to heat/high resistance. The self-clean mode light will come on when I force electrical contact. However, the part emits electrical spark/smoke when I do. The electrical part is mounted on the back of the timer with two screws and has four wired connected. Is this part available separate from the entire oven timer assembly? I've checked several parts websites and I only see the entire oven timer assembly available.

Regards

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

tjg79

Premium Member
You'd need the oven timer control board, but Its No longer Available, I check 3 part sites.

Oven Control Board WB19X236 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
Thanks Jake,

I think that part number is the entire timer/clock assembly. I was looking for just the electrical switch block on that timer/clock assembly. It doesn't appear to be available as a repair part from what I can search for on Google. I sent an email to General Timer Repair to see if they have and would sell that electrical switch, but from past experience, those types of companies don't have any interest is selling parts when they prefer to repair or replace your entire timer/clock assembly.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I looked at your parts diagram and don't see that sold as a separate part.

Good luck.

Jake