• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Refrigerator GFSL6KEXALS Doesn’t cool at all. Compressor kicks on / kicks off

Lots2Lurn

Premium Member
Model Number
GFSL6KEXALS
Brand
GE
We use this fridge in the garage for drinks and to store meat in the freezer. I noticed it wasn’t cooling. The compressor is kicking on and right back off. My neighbor took a look and diagnosed it to be the starter relay. He checked the compressor and said it’s okay. He’s handy but no professional. I would like to know your thoughts, Jake. Does this sound like a possible cause?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I would like to know your thoughts, Jake

I'm not Jake. Jake is busy trying to sell goat grease to a bunch of sheep herders.

The compressor is kicking on and right back off. My neighbor took a look and diagnosed it to be the starter relay. He checked the compressor and said it’s okay. He’s handy but no professional. I would like to know your thoughts, Jake. Does this sound like a possible cause

This could be:
- a bad start relay.
- a bad compressor.
- a bad compressor and start relay.

Some compressor clicking on and off info that may help...
https://www.applianceaid.com/refrigerator-repair-help.php#clicking

If needed, for your model#...

ge-assy-relay-ptc-wr07x10112-ap4363541_01_l.jpg
LINK> Start relay PTC assembly

jeff sr.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not Jake. Jake is busy trying to sell goat grease to a bunch of sheep herders.
LOL, you've been spying on me I see Jeff!

Jake

Lots2Lurn

Premium Member
Jake,
I hope your goat grease endeavors were fruitful. Capitalism is a wonderful thing. Bahaha 🤣

Jeff,
Thanks for the link and part info. And for being Johnny-on-the-spot holding down the fort in Jake’s absence. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Thanks,
Jamie in Kentuckiana