• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Refrigerator GFSS6KKYESS Ice maker replaced, Error code F-10-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDCOHIO

Premium Member
Model Number
GFSS6KKYESS
Brand
GE
We had a power outage and my ice maker stopped working. I replaced the ice maker with a new one. After running the diagnostic I got error codes F-10-b. I saw in another post what it was, Ice room inner fan motor part error, but that was not the issue in that thread. What should I do now, is there something I am missing?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Closest manual I could find: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NSVloUlJZSzYyU00/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's what that error code says to test on your main control board(PCB), which is located in the back of the refrigerator:
Screenshot 2022-06-26 10.33.37.png

You have two fan motors in the freezer, the left one is the ice room fan motor. Is it running?

Here's the freezer parts diagram:
#44 is the left one

Here it is for your model:
WR60X10255 Evap Motor Fz Left

JDCOHIO

Premium Member
Jake-
First, thank you for your quick reply. Secondly, I think I jumped the gun after the power outage and replacement. I ran the diagnostic, again after 24 hours of installation and gave the ice room time to achieve temperature, and now I have ice again and there no errors in the diagnostic now. The fan is also running. This is the best blog for at home help and parts supplies. Thank you and I have a happy Fourth of July!
JD

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent JD, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update, Happy 4th of July!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.